CROW - ISO/RTO and Reliability Coordinator
The CROW Outage Coordination solution for the ISO/RTO and Reliability Coordinator is a tool designed to strengthen internal business processes and improve communications that contribute to securing the reliability of the electric grid.
CROW significantly augments the ability of an ISO/RTO or Reliability Coordinator to effectively support the activity of its Control Areas.
Three important areas where CROW enhances operations and reliability processes are as follows: Aggregation of Outage Data, Notifications, and Auditability.
1. Aggregation of Outage Data:
Automating the process of aggregating outage data yields benefits to the ISO/RTO or Reliablity Coordinator and its Control Areas by—
- enabling and simplifying the complete and timely reporting of scheduled outage information,
- ensuring that critical outages are reported, identified, and restudied as schedules change, and
- enabling the ultimate goal of automatically uploading outage data to advanced study tools thus reducing the time it takes to run studies.
Automating the aggregation of outage data with the right tool will allow your reliability coordination team to focus on running studies more accurately, more frequently, and closer to real-time.
Automated notifications enhance the speed and completeness of communications in the following ways:
- Critical path outages are automatically flagged for reliability coordinators and engineers (via email notification or a highlight on the reliability coordinator display).
- All potentially affected utilities can be selectively and automatically notified by email, pager, or SMS Text Messaging.
- Management, marketers, key account execs, and major customers can be selectively and automatically notified.
Auditability ensures that information captured by reliability coordinators is organized and standardized so that it can be queried readily to generate reports on outage revision history, the actions that were taken, and the studies that were run.
Having a business process and application that is built upon the foundations of security and auditability helps ensure regulatory compliance and reduces the painful logistics and cost of responding to regulatory inquiries.
To find out more about how CROW technology can strengthen your business processes and enhance your ability to secure grid reliability, please click here to contact us.